Friday, February 8, 2008

It's Finally Friday!

It's Friday! To me that's a great phrase. This week has been extra long for some reason....not bad, just long!
Tuesday night Brett got to go out with some friends and I was on "Addy duty" then Wendesday night I got to go out. We haven't done that in a while so it was a lot of fun. I chose to go to the sports bar (Stool Pigeons) that I worked at before I got my big girl job and watch the UNC v. Duke basketball game. Unfortunately my team, UNC, lost that game :( but I still had fun hanging out with friends I hadn't seen in a while and my little brother (who happens to be a Duke fan...yuck, I know!).
Last night was supposed to be laundry/clean house night......that didn't happen. We had steaks, with salad and mashed potatoes for dinner. After all that I just lost the energy to clean! We put Addy to bed and watched a movie instead. I'm not worried though, the clothes are still in that same pile where I left them! At dinner though Addy decided that she liked steak. I told her she should try it because her cousin Derek loves steak. So, being that Derek likes it, she tried it. She loved it. Unfortunatley, she tried it too late in the meal... I had eaten most of it so she didn't get all she wanted. Now we know she likes it though!
Tonight is stay at home night. Friends, Brandon and Crystal are coming over to hang out. It should be a blast......for a bunch of old married people! Crystal and I are going to Sam's Club, then we're going to get things all sorted out and start on our taxes.
Saturday is guranteed fun though! It's Brett's Birthday. He will be a whole quarter of a century old. Addy keeps saying "Daddy One".....so she thinks it's his first birthday! Supposedly she is helping Grandma bake Daddy's birthday cake today....we'll see how that goes! We're having lunch with the family, which is always guranteed fun. Saturday night we have a bunch of friends going out with us to celebrate some more! I can't say too much because I haven't figured out if Brett actually reads the blog or not....I don't want to give anything away!

1 comment:

ferntyler said...

Sounds like a fun week - another one right around the corner!